Pages

fdfdfdfd
dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

{a happy list}

{from Spring last year in Philly. 
the first day of the year it was warm enough for capris. 
and bonus! I could finally see my feet after being pregnant with a big Margot belly}

a little list of things making me happy today:

-it is beautiful today! so so beautiful. birds are out chirping, most of the snow has melted, and it's brightly sunny.
-this lip balm. kind of a vain thing to make me happy, but hey. I never really splurge on anything so this was $2.50 well spent! my lips smell like summer.
-wide open windows and curtains fluttering in the breeze.
-little seedlings growing in my sunny kitchen... we started the tomatoes (two kinds!), eggplant, lavender, and peppers inside in preparation for Spring planting.
-walks with my Margot Jane pointing to every little thing and wanting me to name things for her. I walk with her on my back in our Ergo and she is at the perfect height to see the world. from my vantage point I can see her little fingers outstretched to the world and hear her small voice ask me "buh?" as in "what's that?" so sweet.
-chai tea with milk.
-my mom is visiting in two weeks! yeehaw.
-this soundtrack. we play it in heavy rotation.
-a beautiful new friend encouraging me and challenging me to chase some dreams!
-this quote: "A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
-I got to watch Salmon Fishing in Yemen last night with Brendan and it was really heartwarmingly good.


4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I shall email you forthwith. :)

      Delete
  2. I came across your instagram account somehow in the last few weeks and today clicked over here to your blog while snuggling my one-year-old girl to sleep. I just had to leave a comment because I can tell that you are completely and utterly a kindred spirit! It's nice to "meet" you, and I look forward to exploring more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh, hello! I love kindred spirits. Excuse me while I dash off to stalk/read your blog :)

      Delete

thanks for reading! I'd love if you would drop me a line or two. please don't be shy!