Pages

fdfdfdfd
dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

currently. {volume 1}

Hi! Hey. I'm actually blogging today (whaaaaaaat!) and linking up with A Mama Collective with a few current happenings. 

Here we go. 

Thinking about: Our future family. We traveled to Pittsburgh this weekend so I could run a marathon relay. We stayed with my great-aunt and her family. She has four grown children who are around my age, and they all have massively different personalities. E is the oldest and bossiest, type A to the extreme. K is the oldest boy and is a quiet architect type. M is the youngest girl, has the classic "younger sister" personality, and is gregarious and social. S is the youngest boy and is a mix of K and M. Anyway, it has me thinking of any other children that God might bless us with. It's neat to think of how different our little family might look in just ten years. :) 
just after the race. I love thinking of how post-race photos might look in the coming years... God willing, we'll have a gaggle of tongue-sticker-outers :)
Reading: Amy and Isabelle. It's by Elizabeth Strout, who also wrote Olive Kitteridge. Anyway, I'm alllllmost finished with it. Inching along. 
Listening to: Margot watching an old school Winnie the Pooh episode.... She's pretty much o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with Winnie the Pooh, and it's the only media she's allowed. I alternate between thanking Jesus for something to occupy her attention in the morning while I make coffee/blog/acclimate to being awake (you know, the essentials), and feeling extreme mama guilt that my one year old watches any tv at all. #dilemma 
Watching: We don't have cable, so I made the executive decision to add a Netflix subscription to our medical school budget a month or two back. Best decision ever. Between Hulu and Netflix streaming (we use Brendan's parents' subscription for that and stream it on our Roku), and this new DVD subscription, I can watch pretty much anything my heart desires. Tonight, I think I'm watching The Descendants
Thankful for: Having a husband who supports me in all that I do. And a daughter who keeps me laughing. And for a body that can have babies and drink coffee and run. (All good things.) And for our bed, after a weekend of sleeping on a couch pullout bed. 
For all the complaining and whining and nagging I do all the livelong day... I'm actually really blessed by those two. 
Wishing: To go out on a long walk with Margot every single day. To thoroughly clean our doggone floors. To be more present. And that's it. #aiminglow

8 comments:

  1. Love that post running picture of you and your family. You look good for having just run a marathon. Im quite sure I would look like death hit me. ;) Love that you are envisioning God's plan in growing your family. It it such a treasure that he allows us the gift of motherhood. Thanks for linking up! //Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thanks for your sweet comment... but I do have to clarify that I didn't actually run a full marathon. Just part of one! (4.7 miles, the last "leg" of a marathon relay). Can't let you think that I'd look like anything less than death if I were to run the full distance! ;)

      Delete
  2. I really liked the Descendants! Anything with George Clooney is fine with me ;) And I totally agree how much fun it is to fantasize about future families!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. George Clooney is just a huge yes around here. I still haven't watched the movie yet (I finished my book instead), but maybe tonight! Thanks for commenting. I'm off to read your blog now. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey there girlie! Love the pictures and the sweet little updates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Hi. Thank you! Love your sweet comment! :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post!
    I love these snapshot posts that let us into the daily lives of favorite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Hope you've been doing well! :)

      Delete

thanks for reading! I'd love if you would drop me a line or two. please don't be shy!