Pages

fdfdfdfd
dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf

Monday, May 12, 2014

{currently. volume 2.}

Shalom! Happy Monday. I'm linking up with A Mama Collective for my second round of Currently. So, here are a few photos from Mother's Day and my currently

 {you like my totally random hodge podge of flowers? so aesthetically pleasing.}

{moar muffins.}

                            
{me and my girl. I can't stand how her hair is curling up now. or how ludicrously adorable she is in her little sundress. can't stand it.}

Reading: Jane Austen's England by Roy and Lesley Adkins. Juuuust the right thing for this nerd Janeite. 
Listening to: Winnie the Pooh in the background. That's probably going to be my answer to this question 9/10, because unless my babe is sleeping or watching a coveted Pooh episode, there's no rest for this mom. 
Watching: Can you believe I still haven't watched the Descendents?! It's still sitting here in my Netflix pile, just waiting to be enjoyed with a glass of wine or cuppa. Must.watch.tonight. But I beg pardon if I don't actually end up watching it (sorry, George Clooney)- because I've been in quite the "curl up with a book and read" type of mood lately, to the detriment of my Netflix pile but to the joy of my library card. 
Thankful for: Everything. This chance to be here now. My strong body. Enough food to feed my family. A backyard to garden and play in. A baby to snuggle. My fantastic husband. My beautiful mama. A God who hears me when I cry out to Him. Friends, new and old, far and near. Springtime. Winnie the Pooh and a moment to rest with a cup of coffee. All of it. 
Wishing: 1. that my floors would magically sweep and vacuum themselves every single day. Or that I would pull myself up off my booty and just get started already! 2. to continue plugging away at my online CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) courses this week. real talk: I struggle with a touch of depression due to my naturally angsty and melancholic nature... andalso the extreme stress of being a clueless mama far away from family with a husband in medical school. CBT has been ah-mazing for me. I'm really learning for the first time, how to re-configure my thought processes. 'tis good. 3. that I would stop snacking all day long. (I do not need to consume entire batches of cookies myself, methinks) and focus on drinking lots of water and getting out there. outside of my house. with running shoes on. and maybe pantomiming a bit of running action. wink. 

12 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally hear you on the "listening to" usually mine will involve some kind of kids music too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of the best. We really like Jack Johnson, Kira Willey, and Elizabeth Mitchell as far as children's music goes. :)

      Delete
  2. Those muffins look yummy! I'm a nanny so when the baby is awake we are listening to kid music. Lots of Pandora and Mickey Mouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. I nannied for two years before I had Margot, so I know how that goes!

      Delete
  3. Love love love those pictures of you and your girl <3 so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wish list--how wonderful the course is helping with what would be terribly hard--way from your family and med student husband! I'm also a Janeite--gotta check that book out!

    Lovely blog. Glad to have found it through currently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you made your way here!

      Delete
  5. The muffins look amazing!
    And what could be more wonderful than Winnie the Pooh :)
    Happy Mothers Day!

    Stopping by from the Currently Link up-- Becky with Choose Happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And thank you. I'm so glad you found my blog. Off to go read yours! :)

      Delete
  6. Haha I wish my floors would get clean magically as well! What's the deal?? Why has that not been invented yet?

    I'm so sorry that you're far from family :( That has got to be tough. When is your husband done with med school?

    Thanks so much for linking up with us, I've had such a joy getting to know you more. And yes, that sundress is adorbs ;) ~Jenna // A Mama Collective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, people. Get on that! (I've actually heard good things about having a dog to lick floors and then a Roomba to vacuum up dog hair. Strongly considering it ;) )

      It is hard being from family, but sometimes it's really nice being able to establish our own little family culture, you know? Husband finishes medical school next May- but then he has a whooooole 'nother mountain to climb: residency. (He'll have three years of Internal Medicine training, then hopefully a chief intern year, then two years of GI training. So, six additional years. Eeep!)

      Love linking up and am about to hop over and link up again today :)

      Delete

thanks for reading! I'd love if you would drop me a line or two. please don't be shy!