Pages

fdfdfdfd
dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf

Saturday, June 20, 2015

{the start of something new}

(Sorry about the cheesy title. I had to.)



I'm trying to think of a more creative, sassy way to say "it's been awhile, huh?" (the rolling theme of this blog, it appears). Sorry for being an absent bloggess. I only know three people who read this blog, so I hope you three do forgive me.

There is so much and so little that has gone on in the past 8 months since I last posted, both in real-life and in the more spiritual realm. Like, I don't even know where to begin. I had to actually click into my blog to re-read what I'd last posted, and golly. Isn't life funny?

Because in my last post, I wrote about Margot (DUH-- she's all I write about anymore ;) ). And more specifically, what a blessing a child is to a family, even when it's hard to understand the depth of that blessing. 

I said this: And, even though I'm kind of panicking that the next baby will probably arrive at a terribly inconvenient time (Intern year- so, next year- of residency is widely known to be abyssal as far as schedules go and stress levels go) and I wonder how the heck I'll survive in a new city with no help and Brendan gone at all hours- I know that that sentence is true for any other babies we may ever have: there is no better time for us to have a new baby. This is what we are here for.

Reading that honestly brought me to tears. How wise my 8-months-ago self was! And how prescient. 

We are at the very beginning of Brendan's intern year. He starts officially on July 1st, and will disappear into the depths of the hospital to care for patients, do attendings' grunt work, and be buried under piles of bureaucratic paperwork never to be seen again. Well, okay. We'll see him. Occasionally. Ha! His schedule during on-service (medicine) months, which make up the bulk of his residency education as a physician, looks like: 6 am - 7 pm every day (+30 minutes to 1 hour of additional time each day for notes and sign-out), then Q4 (every fourth) day it switches to 6 am - 11 pm (again, add on extra time for notes). And he also has 1-2 months of night float, where he works 10:30 pm - 11 am. Medical residents are allotted 4 days off per month. Rinse and repeat.

He's gonna be busy. And I'm going to be busy, too. Because we're having (another) baby!! Due in early November. 

Just as I predicted, I'm panicking. But re-reading my thoughts last year, I am reminded of the eternal wisdom I had forgotten in the mayhem of being pregnant, caring for a toddler, and moving: this is what I am here for

Anyway, I don't have much more time to write today. We're at the dregs of Brendan's "vacation" (orientation) time and today is one of his soon-to-be-rare weekends off, so we're trying to eke as much fun/quality time as possible before poop hits the fan residency really starts. 

I just wanted to give a little hi and a half-assed update. One of the things I've been thinking a lot about is that with Brendan being so busy furthering his career, I am going to need to take better care of myself and dedicate more time to things I enjoy of my own. And writing (blogging) is one of them, which is great because it doubles as a way to chronicle this insane/special time in our family's life. So, here I am, blogging again after falling off the blogging wagon way too many times to count. This time, I really hope I'm back for good. Even if I have to bribe Margot with episodes of Tumbleleaf to get her to sit still long enough to write here. :)

Thanks for reading (and Nicole, if it's you reading this, plz start a blog now. Thx)! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I go through phases with blogging too - lately I've been on a roll but there was a good year or so that my heart just wasn't in it so I didn't force it. Congrats to your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations dear Sarah. Life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for reading! I'd love if you would drop me a line or two. please don't be shy!